Feb 12, 2014
Serves: 4 Dosas
Cooking Time: 30 min
- Nachni (Ragi) Flour – 80 gm
- Rice Flour – 40 gm
- Sour Curd – 4 tsp
- Onion (Finely Chopped) – 3 tbsp
- Ginger -1 tsp
- Green Chillies (Finely Chopped) – 2
- Coriander Leaves (Finely Chopped)
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mix the nachni flour, rice flour, curd, salt, coriander leaves, green chillies and onions. Add sufficient water to form a thin consistency batter. Set aside this preparation for 2 hours.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it lightly with oil. When hot, pour the batter, spread it in a circular motion to make a thin dosa. Cook on one side.
- Pour a little oil along the edges while cooking. When crispy, fold over and cook the other side till done.
- Serve hot with sambhar or chutney.
Nutritive Value Per Serving:
Energy: 150 kcal
Protein: 2.5 g
Carbohydrate: 21.5 g
Fat: 5.5 g
Calcium: 278 mg
“Nachni is a rich source of calcium that helps in building strong bones. Nachni Dosa is good for people suffering from bone disease like osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. It will also benefit pregnant & lactating women by supplementing their calcium requirement.” – Pooja Gupta, Dietitian, Kokilaben Hospital