Jun 30, 2016
Stay Healthy this monsoon!
We are happy to welcome the monsoon showers after experiencing the scorching summer heat. But monsoons do bring certain health risks. Our body is more susceptible to health issues in the rainy season as monsoon reduces the immunity power of our body. Our body is more prone to allergies, infections, indigestion problems, so we must keep our body resistant against such diseases.
Some tips to be healthy this rainy season:
- Say no to street food, it is one of the worst temptations to fall for.
- Consume lots of fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible.
- Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
- Increase your immunity by adding a dash of garlic to your soups and curries.
- Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi seeds help in preventing infections.
- If your face skin allergies during rainy seasons, then avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods raise body temperature and stimulate blood circulation and it leads to allergies and skin irritation.
- Always take a shower once home if your happen to get wet in the rains.
- Drink lots of herbal teas, especially those with antibacterial properties. These include ginger, pepper, honey, mint and basil leaves.
- Maintain a high level of hygiene in your home. Dirty and unhygienic environment serves as a breeding ground for mosquitoes which can cause many ailments.
- If you happen to have a flu or fever, do notventure outside as you may spread it to others. The same goes for conjunctivitis.
- Keep your home and kitchen areas free of flies which multiply this season.
- Monsoon brings with it excess humidity & dampness and many feet issues too, always keep them dry and clean.
So stay healthy this monsoon and enjoy the happy season!