The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Kokilaben Hospital is located on the 8thFloor and is spread over 4,000 square floor area. Each cubical has windows, providing natural lights to every bedside.
The Newborn Intensive Care Nursery is a 12- bed, family-centered, regional referral centre for neonatal intensive care. Internationally – trained neonatologist are available for the care of a newborn in the hospital 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To be a recognised leader in neonatal services in Mumbai, dedicated to providing superior, compassionate, individualised care in a family-centred environment.
- Provide superior, multi-levelled care to meet the
- Individual needs of both the neonate and her family
- Provide evidence-based care
- Advocate a multi-disciplinary approach to care, ensuring continuity of care
- Facilitate education for families, empowering them to become confident and independent while caring for their child
Well-equipped NICU: Spacious and well-lit, with an area of 5000 square feet. It has a central oxygen, air conditioning facility. Equipments include:
- Open care radiant warmers
- Transport incubator
- Phototherapy units: Single surface, double surface
- Pulse oximeters (Masimo Technology)
- Non-invasive blood pressure monitors (NIBP)
- Invasive pressure monitoring devices
- Multimodal monitors
- 100 MA portable X-ray machine
- Conventional ventilation
- High-frequency ventilation
- Exchange transfusion
- Perinatal Care:
If your doctor determines that your pregnancy is of high-risk, you can be rest assured that your baby will receive the highest level of care at Kokilaben Hospital. Our neonatal-perinatal medical staff remains in the hospital overnight and are available to the obstetrical team in times of emergency.
- Family-Centered Approach:
Parents are welcome to visit anytime as we consider you to be the primary care-givers. The needs of a family whose tiniest member has been admitted to our NICU are unique. It is our mission to assist you, the family, along each step of this journey and to prepare you for your return home.
- Antenatal Counselling
regarding care of the baby after birth, for mothers in whom certain problems are anticipated at delivery.
- Comprehensive Parent Teaching Program:
All parents who have babies admitted in the NICU will be advised and trained on how to look after the babies at home, before the baby will be discharged.
- Neonatal Care is provided for:
- Any baby who has problems at delivery
- Respiratory distress at birth
- Pre-terms babies (ranging from the smallest 24-week gestation infant to 36 weeks gestation)
- Low Birth Weight babies (LBW)
- Treatment of newborn jaundice.
- Any baby who require specialist care for associated problems
- Full-term infants (from 36-40 weeks gestation) who have not fully adapted to life outside the womb and require oxygen and/ or ventilation
- Infants who have congenital defects that may require surgery.
- Neonatal Follow-Up Clinic
Our neonatal-perinatal faculty follows high risk infants (babies born prematurely or who've had a lengthy stay at our NICU) after hospital discharge, in addition to the care given by your baby's regular doctor. A multi-disciplinary team of doctors from various specialties like Ophthalmology, ENT, Neurology, orthopedics and Rehabilitation, including an occupational therapist and physiotherapist will follow these high-risk infants for early intervention therapies.
Routine baby checks and immunisation are done through our well baby clinic or can be done with the help of our local pediatricians