Dr. Barnali Das
Consultant - Laboratory Medicine
MBBS, MD, DNB (Medical Biochemistry), CCCR (Clinical Research), PGDHHM (Hospital & Health Care Management), Green Belt (Six Sigma)
Clinical Chemistry, Immunology, & Laboratory Quality Management, Lean Six Sigma in Hospital & Diagnostic Sector
Dr. Barnali Das has done her M.B.B.S. from Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi and MD and DNB (Biochemistry) from Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi. Subsequently, she has done management development training from IIT Bombay, and also pursued courses in Clinical Trial and PGDM in Hospital & Health Care Management. She is a topper in Green Belt (Six Sigma). She has also completed courses in Quality Management, such as College of American Pathologist's comprehensive Team Leader Study.
Prior to joining Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Medical Research Institute, Dr. Das was supervising Biochemistry and RIA Chemiluminescense divisions of SRL Ranbaxy, Mumbai. Earlier she was a lecturer in TNMC & Nair Hospital, Mumbai and Senior Resident in MAMC and Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi.
Dr. Das was the organising secretary of Total Quality Management Seminar on 7th January, 2012, which was attended by around 300 delegates (Biochemists, Pathologists, Microbiologists, Medical Directors, Administrators, General Managers, Quality Managers, Laboratory Managers and PG Students) and the technical programme included seven presentations by distinguished national & international speakers from Quality Council of India (QCI), College of American Pathologists (CAP), NABH and NABL.
- Dr Das has been awarded the Dr. T. N. Pattabhiraman Oration Award– 2014. This award is conferred by the ACBI to a person of eminence who has contributed significantly to the growth and practice clinical biochemistry in the areas of research, diagnostics and teaching. Through this oration the Association honours the distinguished scientists to deliver lecture on subjects of interest to clinical biochemists.
- IFCC Development of Quality Competence in Medical laboratories (DQCML) Award & Travel Grant in International Federation of Clinical Chemistry & EuroMedLab, May, 2011
- Dr. Ajit Singh Saini Oration Award in AMBICON 2011 in Trichy, Dec, 2011
- She is also a recipient of five International and four National Awards & Grants from International Federation of Clinical Chemistry, American Association of Clinical Chemistry, Asia Pacific Federation of Clinical Biochemistry, International Biographical Society, Association of Clinical Biochemists of India and Association of Medical Biochemists of India.
- Dr. Barnali has many international & national publications, and delivered several invited talks in conferences in different countries. She has authored one book and contributed many articles in magazines and newspapers. She has worked on Biomarkers of Coronary Artery Disease, Application of Nanotechnology in Medicine and Total Quality Management.
- Through her research, she has proposed a novel index on coronary artery disease named Lipid Pentad Index (LPI). Many newsletters have reviewed her article on LPI and she was invited to write a commentary on it by the International Atherosclerosis Society.
- Her proposed Total Quality Management Protocol in a new laboratory set-up has also received appreciation from AACC. She has successfully achieved NABL & CAP accreditation as a part of a team at SRL Ranbaxy.
- She has also served as invited reviewers for AACC, Indian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Indian Journal of Community Medicine.