Dr. Charudatta Chaudhari
Consultant - Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgeon
D.N.B.(Plastic Surgery), M.S. ( General Surgery)
- Fellow of Ivo Pitanguy Institute of Aesthetic Surgery, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Fellow of Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipae, Taiwan.
Dr. Charu specialises In Aesthtic Surgeries like cosmetic surgeries of breast and body contouring with Liposuction and Fat grafting with emphasis on Cosmetic Rhinoplasties.
He Also specialises in cosmetic reconstructive procedures following Head and Neck cancer surgeries to maintain or restore near normal appearance, along with improvement in quality of life.
He follows advances in wound care and dressings with interest and utilizes his knowledge to facilitate wound healing with the least discomfort to the patient.
He has a special interest in Hidradenitis Suppurativa ( Acne Inversa ) and has able to provide long disease free remissions to his patients.
Dr. Charu is in Private practice since the year 2000 and was a Consultant with Hospitals like Bombay Hospital, New Marine lines, Breach Candy Hospital, Cumballa Hospital and Prince Aly Khan Hospital, Mazgaon, till 2008 when he shifted his entire practice to Kokilaben Hospital
He has been associated with Kokilaben since 2008 and has established the Department of Plastic surgery and Cosmetology wing for Aesthetic Medicine. He has set up a wound clinic for providing comfort to the patients with different types of wounds and achieve healing with minimum disturbance of the patients routine
Importance of Short Saphenous vein as a Vein graft. – Acta Chirurgie Plasticae, 41, 3.1999; pp 74.
The Hemithigh Micro-vascular Transfer (combined Antero lateral Thigh Flap and Tensor Fasciae Latah Flap) for a full thickness abdominal wall reconstruction - Acta Chirurgie Plasticae, - 41,3, 1999; pp 72-73.
The Venoneuro adipo fascial pedicled distally based sural island flaps: anatomic basis of a new concept - British Journal of plastic Surgery (2002) .5,203-209 .
The Venoneuro adipo fascial pedicled distally based sural island flaps: Case Reports – British Journal of plastic Surgery (2002) .5, 210-214.
A simple method of Skin Graft fixation in the oral cavity. – Acta Chirurgiae Plasticae 2003; 45(4): 128-30.
Vascular compromise of the pectoralis major musculocutaneous flap in head and neck reconstruction. – Annals of Plastic Surgery 2003 Nov; 51 (5): 450-4.
- Pedicled AnteroLateral Thigh Island Flap for Groin defects – presented at 34th annual APSI conference at Goa, India; 1999.
- Autologous Breast Reconstruction with Lattissimus Dorsi Flap after Breast Conservation Surgery – International Breast Conference at Nagpur, India; 2000.
- Review of cases of Vascularised Fibular Transfer for Mandibular Reconstruction – MASICON 2001.
- Pre-Operative Indelible Skin Marking Technique – MASICON 2001.
- Mehendi – Indelible skin Marker – MASICON 2002.