Dr. Manoj Mulchandani
Consultant - General, Laparoscopic and Robotic, Colorectal Surgeon
MS, DNB, MRCS, MSc, FRCS
- FRCS (UK)
- Fellowship in Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic/ Robotic Colorectal Resections for Cancer,
- Pelvic Floor Surgeries
- All types of Surgeries for Haemorrhoids
Dr.Mulchandani graduated from Mumbai University in 1998, completed Post Graduate training in 2002.He successfully completed Diplomate National Board of Examinations in the same year.
He went to United Kingdom in 2004 to gain further experience in Minimal Access surgery. He obtained Membership (Diploma) In Surgery from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh in 2004.He gained 9 years experience in United Kingdom in Colorectal and Anorectal Surgery. He visited Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA, which is one of the top Institutes for Gastrointestinal diseases in the world and gained experience in Laparoscopic Colorectal surgery and Pouch surgery in 2008.
He completed Fellowship in Colorectal Surgery from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh in 2011.He completed Fellowship in Pelvic floor surgeries in 2012 from South West UK. He has undergone training in Robotic Surgery and Robotic Colorectal Surgery from Yonsei University, South Korea which does the largest number of Robotic Surgeries in the world in 2015.
He moved to India in 2013 and is attached to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hoapital, Mumbai since then. He is highly accomplished Surgeon, well versed in Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery for cancer and benign disorders, proctology and functional bowel disorders such as Chronic constipation and Faecal Incontinence.
He has been involved in various Research activities and Authored and co-authored numerous papers in Peer reviewed Journals.
He has in last 2 years at Kokilaben Hospital successfully treated a number of patients. Some of his numbers and results include:
Laparoscopic Colorectal Resections: Outcomes
Mean Hospital stay
Defunctioning stoma rates following anterior resection
- Guest Speaker at World Colorectal Conference, WORLDCON 2015 on “Management of Complex Fistulae in ano”
- Association of Surgeons National Conference, December 2015- “Treatment of Complex Anal Fistula-Our Results”.
- July-August 2008-Travelling fellowship to Cleveland clinic, Ohio, USA
- Laparoscopic colorectal resections
- Yonsei University,Seoul,Korea-January 2016
Robotic Rectal cancer resections, Abdomino perineal resection and Anterior resection
- First and second prize in local audit competition, Medway Maritime Hospital in 2006
MSc Thesis on ˜Laparoscopic versus Open Colorectal Resections for Benign and Malignant Colorectal Conditions
Investigations in Acute Pancreatitis
Hernia Repair: Analysis of Various Techniques
- K. Miyagi, M. Mulchandani, D.J.B. Marks, M. Mohamed. Aneurysm of the Deep Circumflex Iliac Artery: A Rare Cause of Rectus Sheath Haematoma. EJVES Extra
February 2010 (Vol. 19, Issue 2, Pages e19-e21)
- Ward ST, Gilbert S, Mulchandani M, Garrett WV .Unnecessary Investigations in patients with acute pancreatitis: Arterial blood sampling and serum biochemistry. The Surgeon, October 2008, vol6, no5, 282-287.
- Mr. Manoj Mulchandani, Mr.D.Chattopadhya, Dr.Obanfunwa, Mr.B.V.Joypaul;Gastrointestinal autonomic nerve tumors-A case report and review of literature. World journal of surgical oncology, 2005, 3:46 (19 July 2005)
- Vinay G Mehendale, Namita C Chaudhari, Manoj H Mulchandani. Laparoscopic sigmoidopexy by extraperitonealisation of sigmoid colon for sigmoid volvulus. Surgical laparoscopy Endoscopy and Percutaneous Techniques.2003 Aug; 13(4): 283-5.
- Manoj H Mulchandani, Nagori LF. Xanthogranulomatous cholecystitis, a case report. Bombay Hospital Journal. 2000; 42(4): 631-2.
- Anuradha Anand & Prem A. Sinha & Karthik Kittappa, Manoj H. Mulchandani, Samuel Debrah &Roger Brookstein. Review of inguinal hernia repairs by various surgical techniques in a District General Hospital in UK. Indian J Surg (January–February 2011) 73(1):13–18
- M. Mulchandani, G. Singh, S. Ward, U. Shukla, W. Garrett, H. Wegstapel. Payment by results - a surgeon’s perspective. British Journal of Surgery 2007; 94(S2): 135
- M. Mulchandani, F. Alchami, O. Khan. Abscess drainage-waiting time and its economic impact. British Journal of Surgery 2007; 94(S2): 124
- Mulchandani M, Goel A, Faoud A, Norman, Abson C, Lindley, Khan O. Is the endometrial effect of patients on tamoxifen underestimated? British Journal of Surgery2006; 93(S1): 16
- M.Mulchandani, K.Maruthachalam, R.K.Jain, E.Stoker, A.F.Horgan. Direct access colonoscopy is economically better than direct outpatient review for patients referred via two week rule for colorectal cancer, abstract publication, Gut supplement,April2005,no11,vol 54:A20
- Jain RK, Mulchandani M, Maruthachalam K, Horgan AF. Reporting of local recurrence rates following rectal cancer surgery. Not always as it seems. Colorectal Disease, July 2005 vol 7(I):76-77.
- Maruthachalam K, Jain R, Mulchandani M, Stoker E, Horgan AF. Is the routine use of outpatient rigid sigmoidoscopy effective in the diagnosis of rectal cancer? British Journal of Surgery 2006;93(S1):213
- Hanchanale V, Rao AR, Mulchandani M, Javle P. History of Botulinum Toxin: A poison that can heal. 15th European Urological Winter Forum Meeting, 11th-15th February, 2006, Davos, Switzerland, abstract book, 201.
- Hanchanale V, Mulchandani M, Javle P. Prostate Specific Antigen: Past to present. 15th European Urological Winter Forum Meeting, 11th-15th February, 2006, Davos, Switzerland, abstract book, 202-3.
MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCITIES
- ASIT-Association of Surgeons in Training
- ASGBI-Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Medical Defence Union