Dr. Maya P. L. Gade
Consultant - Gynaecology & Obstetrics
M.D; D.G.O; D.F.P; F.I.C.O.G
High risk pregnancy, cytology & colposcopy, Infertility
- Has performed numerous normal & caesarian sections during the last seven years.
- Has delivered many high risk pregnancy patients by vaginal i.e normal deliveries as well as by caesarian deliveries. High risk pregnancies group includes pregnancy induced hypertension, Diabetics in pregnancy, immunological disorders during pregnancy, previous caesarian delivery, multifetal pregnancies (twins, triplets), etc.
- She is specialized in performing non descent vaginal hysterectomy (NDVH). Has performed NDVH in a uterus size upto 14 wks.
- She also has performed many abdominal hysterectomies for fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis of pelvis and tubo-ovarian masses. Uterus and ovarian masses are removed through small incisions on abdomen around 5 cms
- Performs routine procedures like hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, MTPs (Medical & surgical), Tubal Ligations, D & C for diagnostic as well as therapeutics.
- She has performed sling surgeries for prolapsed uterus and vault prolapsed.
- Treats infertility patients and has experience in cytology and colposcopy.
- Was previously associated with reputed institutes such JJ Hospital, Cama and Albless, ESIS Hospital Etc.
- At present Co-guide for 5 DNB students.
- Participated in various conferences as speakers as well as chairpersons.
- Conducted Purandare’s post graduate teaching programme at kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital 2014.
- Dr. R.D.Pandit Research Prize - 1998
- Best Thesis- Epidemiological study of precursors of cancer of cervix
- Dr H. Desa Prize - 1999
- Epidemiological study of precursors of cancer of cervix
- Advanced infertility management course—(AAKAR IVF CENTER in 2003)
- Training Course in cervical cytology & colposcopy—(FOGSI- Cama & Albless hospital-2004)
- Training Course in Ultrasound – ( FOGSI- Dr. Prakash Trivedi’s hospital Mumbai- May 2009)
- Caesarean Section in Twin Pregnancy.-- 23rd Bombay obstetrics & gynaecology conference march 1995.
- Tamoxifen effect on Uterus-- 26th Mumbai obstetrics & Gynaecology Conference 1998.
- Epidemiological study of precursors of cancer of cervix—Multi faculty conference EISI Hospital-1998
- Epidemiological study of precursors of cancer of cervix-- AICOG International conference, Hyderabad 1998)
- A rare case of Ovarian pregnancy-- BOGS 2000.
- A Big problem getting bigger- MOGS-Perinatal outcome conference 2010
- Not one, not two but five-- AMOGS Silver Jubilee Conference 2011.
- Nondesend Vaginal hysterectomy—Case study---National Conference of Fogsi with NMOGS 2015
- Ruptured LSCS Scar Pregnancy,--Unusual presentation-- AICOG Conference 2016.
- Management of cases with cervical intra epithelial neoplasia---ICMR Bulletin 1998.
- Current situation on cervical cancer in south-east Asia—ACGOI News 1997.
- Caesarean section in Twin pregnancy, Changing Trends.—Bombay Obstetrics journal Vol.39,No 3, 1997
- Tamoxiphene Associated Changes in the Uterus---The Journal Of Obstetrics & Gynaecology of India, Vol 50 No-6 Dec 2000.
- Ovarian Ectopic Pregnancy An unusual presentation.---Bombay hospital Journal Vol 56, no-2, April 2014.
- Outcome of Caesarean scar pregnancy-- Bombay hospital Institute of Medical Science.Vol 55, number 1, Feb-2014
- Unbelievable, yet true…. Spontaneous quintuplets!---The journal of obstetrics & gynaecology India Vol 65, issue 4, 2015.
- Contraceptive vaginal ring-- Sub-Investigator. Closed out 2013
- Epidemiology study of precursor of Ca Cervix—Cama & Albless hospital, 1996-97.