Dr. Pradnya Gadgil
Consultant -Paediatric Neurology
MBBS, MRCPCH (UK), Fellowship in Complex Paediatric Epilepsy (UK)
- Paediatric Neurology - Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital, London and P.D. Hinduja Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai
- Paediatric Epilepsy and Epilepsy Surgery - Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital, London
Paediatric Neurologist and Epileptologist
Dr.Â Pradnya Gadgil graduated from B.Y.L. Nair Hospital, Mumbai with honours. She completed her training in Paediatric medicine from UK. Thereafter she trained in Paediatric Neurology and Complex Epilepsy in London. She has worked in centres of excellence in her super-specialty. Great Ormond Street Hospital is a quaternary paediatric neurology centre with one of the best complex epilepsy services in the world. Dr Gadgil was an integral part of this team. She has also worked as a Paediatric Neurology Fellow in P. D. Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai for 2 years thus giving her a very broad experience.
After having worked for 9 years in the UK, Dr Pradnya Gadgil returned to Mumbai. She has been working as a Consultant Paediatric Neurologist and Epileptologist for 2 years with attachments at L H Hiranandani Hospital and Seven Hills Hospital.
Dr. Pradnya Gadgil has joined Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hosital as a full time consultant in Pediatric Neurology. She is passionate about management of surgically remediable epilepsies in children, such as cortical dysplasias, mesial temporal lobe epilepsy, etc. This is a subgroup of potentially treatable epilepsies in what is otherwise a chronic and significantly life style limiting disease. She will join the already well established epilepsy surgery team at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital.
Dr. Pradnya Gadgil's interests also include management of paediatric patients with other neurological conditions such as:
- Common neurological conditions like Cerebral Palsy; Delayed Developmental Milestones, Migraine, etc.
- Disorders of social communication (Autism, ADHD, Learning disorders)
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Neurometabolic diseases
- Acute neurological conditions such as ADEM, meningitis, GBS, Childhood stroke, etc.
Dr. Gadgil's specialisies in
- Presurgical evaluation of refractory epilepsy
- Invasive monitoring for lesion negative epilepsy
- Alternative solutions for refractory epilepsy - Ketogenic diet, Vagal nerve stimulation
Dr Gadgil has several publications in international indexed journals and presentations to her credit. She has won a few prestigious best paper awards. She is a member of the Royal College of Paediatric and Child Health UK; International League against Epilepsy UK; Indian Academy of Paediatrics (Neurology subchapter) and Indian Epilepsy Society.
- Infantile Spasms - Hypsarrhythmia Score - predictor of long-term outcome
- New Onset Refractory Status Epilepticus (NORSE) with Generalised Dyskinesia - a new ACTH responsive syndrome
- Vigabatrin induced Encephalopathy and MRI changes in Infants Intracranial Haemorrhage due to Late Onset
- Vitamin K Deficiency Bleeding (VKDB) - Mimicking NAHI
- Approach to Childhood Dementia
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, UK
- Indian Academy of Paediatrics (Neurology Subchapter)
- International League Against Epilepsy, UK
- Indian Epilepsy Society