Health Check Program at Kokilaben Hospital
Health Check is part of Kokilaben Hospital 's pursuance of excellence in healthcare and belief that preventative care is a wise investment. The Health Check program is a thorough determination of your health status with a customized wellness program for your continued good health.
Kokilaben Hospital's physician team highly recommends this annual series of tests and examinations.
The Health Check program assures you an experienced physician team of world-renowned specialists, cutting-edge technology, personal services and confidentiality.
Why have a health check-up?
- To know the condition or state of one's body.
- To prevent sickness or diseases that may happen unawares.
- To get early treatment when sickness or disease occurs.
Health Checkup Professionals
The Executive Health Checkup is staffed with professional physicians and nurses and is headed by Dr. Sandeep Doshi
What do these check-ups tell?
- Checking blood pressure rate whether normal or not.
- Measuring weight and height to check balance between the two.
- Checking general characteristics of various organs such as ears, nose, throat, lungs and heartbeat whether normal or not.
- To check the state of the lungs especially of smokers or individuals affected by toxic substances or diseases such as tuberculosis or swollen lungs that render the lungs abnormal.
Blood Examination (Laboratory Test)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) is to check the density of blood, the number of white and red blood cells and the different types of white blood cells whether they are at a normal level or not. The check also indicates any blood diseases or infections that may be prevalent.
Lipid Profile (Cholesterol, Triglyceride, HDL-C, LDL-C) Fasting Blood Sugar to check sugar level in the blood to determine existence of diabetes.
- This is to check the fatty content in the blood whether over the limit or not which may cause high blood pressure or risk having blocked arteries especially those arteries that feed the heart muscles that can damage heart muscles or cause death. Should it be the arteries that feed the brain, then it may cause a stroke and subsequent paralysis.
Kidney Function (BUN, Creatinine)
- This is to check the state of the kidney by measuring the chemical level in the blood that can indicate level of kidney deterioration or damage.
Liver Function (SGOT, SGPT, Alkaline Phosphate)
- It is to check the normalcy of liver enzyme. A higher value than normal is an indicator of possible abnormal liver cells.
Uric Acid test is to check for gout that is caused by a high rate of uric acid.
- To check for abnormalities of the urinary tract such as inflamed urine bladder or kidney disease.
- To check for various parasites and check whether the excretion system is normal or not through observation of blood traces in stool that can be caused by a disorder of the intestine.
- To check the state of the heart muscles and the heartbeat rhythm from which the doctor can diagnose the existence of heart disease such as indicated by lack of blood feeding the heart.
Ultrasound of Upper Abdomen
- To check for abnormalities of organs in the upper abdomen such as liver, kidney, spleen, gall bladder, common bile duct and pancreas.
Preparation Prior to Check-Up
- Get sufficient rest.
- Stop eating and drinking 8 hours before examination.
- Wear clothes that offer convenience for drawing blood from near the elbow area.
- If suspecting of being pregnant, then inform the official in advance prior to the check-up.
- In collecting urine, allow the first portion to drain out and collect during the middle portion while urinating.
- In collecting stool, please avoid food that is blood such as pork blood, duck blood, and blood salad at least 3 days prior to the collection of the stool, to be collected on the morning of the check-up in a container provided by the Hospital.
- If you have previous X-Ray films, please bring them with you every time for your own benefit.
- Please avoid consuming food and water at least 8 hours prior to check-up.
Health Check Program explained
Health Check Program is one of the best ways for early detection of some of the common illnesses and ailments that can strike people of all ages. If medical professionals can get to these illnesses early, they have a better chance of treating you to maintain and improve your health. Just look at some of these statistics, the facts speak for themselves:
Diseases of the heart and circulatory system are the major cause of death.
It is important to find cancers as early as possible as in general, a good long-term outlook depends on early detection. 85% of all testicular cancers occur in men below the age of 40 years.
The numbers of people with diabetes worldwide and the prevalence has tripled during the last 30 years. Diabetes is a prime risk factor for heart disease, kidney failure, blindness and stroke.
Stress is responsible for a massive 46% of the total cost of work absence.
What happens during a health check program?
Assessments are carried out in comfortable and welcoming surroundings with each client being assigned their own nurse to guide them through each stage of the health check in a calm and relaxed manner.
A qualified doctor will carry out the health check. Most of our units are able to provide preliminary results on the day which will give the doctor the opportunity to discuss his/her findings in advance of the detailed written report which will follow within the next 7 days.
This report includes interpretation of all of the test results and recommendations for improving and maintaining health. Consultations and medical reports are completely confidential.
Is it for me?
Health Check Program is for everyone. Especially those who have no symptoms, but who may have significant risk factors. With heart, lung, bowel, liver and kidney disease and cancer among the most common causes of long-term illness and premature death in the country, early detection is an important form of disease prevention.
For those with a personal or family history of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, chest pain, smoking or a sedentary lifestyle a Health Check should be considered at an early age.