Dr. Vinay S. Joshi
Consultant, Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics), D'Orthopaedics, DNB, FRCS, FRCS (Orthopaedics), FCPS
Lower Limb Surgery & Joint Replacement, Complex Pimary & Revision TKR & THR, Minimally invasive surgery and use of computer navigation if required
Dr. Vinay Joshi leads the Arthroplasty (Joint Replacement) team at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital. He performed more than 1500 joint replacements at the hospital so far.
He completed his training in Orthopaedics at the Topiwala National Medical College & Nair Hospital and further trained in the best institutes in UK. He was locum consultant in Orthopaedics at Chase Farm Hospital, UK.
Dr Vinay S Joshi is a Consultant Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement Surgeon at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital since July 2012. He exclusively does Primary as well as Complex Revision Joint Replacement Surgeries.These are performed in a minimally invasive manner with a very small incision which allows speedy recovery in patients. The average length of hospital stay is only 5 days.
Over the last five years more than 1500 Joint Replacement Surgeries have been done at Kokilaben Hospital. Of these Dr Joshi has performed 1200 Total Knee Replacement (TKR) 300 and Total Hip Replacement (THR) operations.
95% of patients are pain free and satisfied with the range of movements they achieve after the Joint Replacement Surgery
The postoperative infection rate is 0.2% (2 in 1000) which is well within the international benchmark of less than 1% (10 in 1000)
The range of surgeries done by him includes:
- Uni- compartmental Knee Replacement
- Attune TKR
- Oxinium TKR
- Speciality in High Flex Knee Replacement Surgery which allows patients to sit cross legged and even squat after surgery.
- Gender Specific Knee Replacement which is a procedure specially designed for women.
- Unicondylar Knee Replacement Surgery which enables patients to pursue all sports and near normal day to day activities.
- Surgical Treatment of Avascular Necrosis (AVN) of the Hip. In advanced cases of AVN, he has performed more than 100 cases of Ceramic on Ceramic Hip Replacement Surgeries which is done to increase the life of prosthesis.
- Regrow Therapy for early stage of AVN to preserve the hip joint.
Special training at Canada & Singapore for Attune TKR
On panel Surgeon specializing in Oxinium TKR
- Eleftheriou K, Joshi V, Rossouw D. ˜Use of a partial humeral head resurfacing system for management of an osseous mechanical block to glenohumeral joint range of movement secondary to proximal humeral fracture malunion', Journal of Shoulder and Elbow, Accepted for publication
- Kadambande S, Joshi V. 'A study of 25 cases of T-Y Intercondylar Fracture Humerus treated with Bipillar Plating', Bombay Hospital Journal, 4:255-257, June 1996
- Al-Nammari S, Joshi V, Mr.R.Bajekal.'Case report: Missed presentation of rare isolated trochlea fracture', Submitted to Injury Journal