Beware of swimmer's itch


Relaxing in water sounds like a great idea, especially during the summer heat. However, it is important to be aware of Swimmer's itch, an itchy rash usually caused by an allergic reaction to parasites that burrow into your skin while you're swimming or wading in warm water. It is most common in freshwater lakes and ponds, but it occasionally occurs in saltwater. It usually clears up on its own in a few days. Consult a doctor if it lasts for more than 3 days. Also do not forget to take a shower as soon as you get out of the water. This helps wash away any parasites if present.