Traditionally, most pain services have been closely associated with Orthopaedics and Oncosurgery. In Orthopaedics, we address:
- Nerve injury related neuropathic pains, complex regional pain syndromes, etc.
- Diagnostic nerve blocks to determine the pain source, e.g., nerve root blocks in the spine to detect which level is causing pain
- Lumbar canal stenosis
- Sacroiliac joint mediated pain
- Axial back and neck pain
- Lumbar and cervical radiculopathies
- Tendinopathies, musculoskeletal pain and chronic fatigue
- Myofascial pain syndromes and fibromyalgia
Interventions performed at the multidisciplinary pain clinic are image-guided, evidence-based and documented during long-term follow ups for audit.