The Centre for Diabetes on the 2nd floor of the hospital, runs a Leg Ulcer Clinic from Monday to Saturday. The clinic is run by Dr.R.Sekhar MS,FRCSEd,FRCS (Glasg.) Consultant Vascular & Endovascular Services.
Dr Sekhar has more than 25 yrs experience in treating leg ulcers and more than 12 yrs experience in managing Vascular Diseases.
The services provided by this clinic are:
- Preventive foot care & foot care education for all Diabetic patients.
- Computerized foot evaluation including Paedopodogram, Biothesiometry & Doppler.
- Footwear advice for Diabetics with in-house footwear services provided by qualified Orthotists.
- Evaluation, advice and management of any foot wound or ulcer.
- Wound care by competent and trained nursing personnel with state of the art dressing solutions.
- Surgical and interventional solutions for non healing wounds including all types of bypasses and endovascular solutions like Leg vessel Balloon Angioplasties , Stenting, Laser surgery, Ultrasound guided Foam Sclerotherapy, Radiofrequency ablation and Ulcer shaving with skin cover.
- Proper advice for amputees including prosthetic limb fitting.
Who should be visiting a LEG ULCER CLINIC:
- All Diabetics.
- All smokers and tobacco users.
- Anyone with cramp like pain in the buttocks, thigh or calf muscles on walking, for more than 3 weeks duration.
- Anyone with leg swelling, more so after knee or hip replacement surgery or after long journeys
- Anyone with visible veins in the leg/s
- Anyone with a past history of Deep Vein thrombosis in the leg.
- Anyone with a wound in the foot of more than 3 weeks duration.