Republic Day honors the date (26th January 1950) on which the Constitution of India came into force and our country formally became a republic. Every year, this day brings with it the promise of a better tomorrow with endless new possibilities. Let’s derive inspiration from this positive Republic Day mood and take tiny steps to make big improvements
Follow these simple guidelines and pledge your commitment to a better and healthier life
- Ditch unhealthy fad diets
- Never skip breakfast
- Go to bed at the right time & wake-up early
- Spend less time with mobile phones and electronic gadgets
- Go for regular healthcheck-up
- Welcome positive thoughts
- Make exercise a part of your routine
- Sit less/Stand more
- Take a break occasionally/Make time for yourself
- Stay hydrated
- Cut down of tea & coffee consumption
- Sleep an hour extra
- Maintain a clean & hygienic surrounding
- Snack smart
- Switch to a healthy mode of cooking
- Eliminate bad habits like smoking cigarettes & drinking alcohol
- Load your plate with an extra serving of fruits & veggies
- Eliminate stress from life
- Make time for family
January being the first month of the year is also the same time when people make a bunch of health resolutions but rarely manage to keep up with it. Preventing sickness is not a difficult task. It comes down to adopting healthy habits that you can develop and follow for life. During the initial stages, it could be extremely challenging to make sudden/drastic changes in your lifestyle but once you establish new healthy behaviors, they will become your new norm.
When most people look at others with a fit and healthy body, they often find it impossible to imagine themselves in that form but the fact remains that achieving a high level of health and fitness is infact just about engaging in healthy behaviors on a daily basis. It is important to understand that getting unhealthy was not a one-day process therefore getting permanently healthier will take time and demand certain lifestyle changes.
The sooner you get on it, the sooner you can reap the sweet, sweet benefits of healthy living.
For those who are still finding it difficult can always turn to healthcare experts for guidance related to their mental/physical well-being.
Having said that, Are you ready to bring a positive change in your life?
Let’s face it; we can all pledge to be a little healthier