Exams are finally done with and as parents, this is the perfect time to plan a summer vacation but wait…. Aren’t you forgetting something …?
While travelling it is very important to ensure that you & your family take all necessary health precautions in order to avoid any unpleasant incidents that may arise during the trip.
Although, packing your favorite outfit and useful travel accessories, could be on the top of your to-do list but make sure you don’t overlook the importance of healthy eating habits which is equally important to ensure a happy journey.
Here are 6 ways to stay on a healthy eating plan while on vacation
- Always stay hydrated while travelling. Make sure you keep a bottle of water handy. Drink boiled water or opt for packaged mineral water that is purchased from an authentic store. Some packaged water could also be tampered therefore take necessary precautions to avoid unwanted health issues.
- Do not skip breakfast. When you get up in the morning the blood sugar levels in your body are at its lowest because of 6 to 8 hours of fasting (while sleeping) all night. While vacationing, it is very important to have a wholesome breakfast in order to give your body a much need kick and energy to go through the entire day of fun & frolic
- No matter which part of the world you travel to, harmful bacteria causing food borne illnesses is everywhere. By making smart food choices, you can keep such illnesses at bay. Roadside vendors and Restaurant food could be prepared in unhygienic conditions, paving way for germs to enter your body. Be very selective while ordering food from various eatery hang outs. Non-vegetarian food should be consumed in moderation as they tend to rot easily due to poor storage facility at certain restaurants. Some kinds of sea foods are also known to spread hepatitis and other food-borne diseases
- Resist the urge to overeat, especially when you have untimely hunger pangs. If compelled to eat at odd hours, make sure you pick out a healthy food item for consumption as compared to loads of tempting but highly unhealthy munchies that are easily accessible at most hotels and lodges
- When ordering at restaurants, ask for three times the normal serving of veggies that accompanies your entrée. By adding an extra serving of fresh vegetables to your plate, you are not only improving the nutritional value of your meal but also fueling your body with plenty of nutrients to fight various illnesses
- While vacationing, try to avoid prescription drugs as much as possible. Some medicines that intend to treat your illness could in fact end up contributing to the toxins in your body. This is because several prescription medicines and antibiotics possess harmful substances that can accumulate in the digestive system and intestines over a period of time. Although some medicines may be absolutely essential for your health & wellness, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to turn to a few natural herbs for treating minor illnesses once in a while.
As you chill out & relax at a fun trip, these important tips will ensure the safety of your loved ones and certainly give you peace of mind
Have a Happy Journey!