Archive for the ‘
Stress Management ’ Category
Monday, April 27th, 2020
- BE POSITIVE – Remind yourself about what’s going right. In these difficult times, it is easy to only focus on the things that are going wrong. List out all your accomplishments and milestones you’ve achieved – There are probably more than you realize.
- THINK DIGITAL – E-commerce platforms have become a key sector in the wake of the current pandemic.
- RANK YOUR TASKS– Prioritize your goals. One of the causes of stress in business is having so many things to work upon that none of them get done! Rank your tasks from greatest to least. Focus on the most important ones, andthen move down the list. Do not get overwhelmed by the length of your list. Just focus upon what you need to do next.
- STAY CALM – For business owners, there’s rarely a separation period between work and home. They’ll be constantly thinking about their business and the things they could be doing. Sometimes, they just can’t stop thinking about business, even when they’re trying to sleep. At this time, write everything down that the brain is trying to process. Write down the problems, possible solutions, miscellaneous notes, etc. After having written everything down, it becomes easier to relax and sleep, since the brain has put all thoughts in a safe place and doesn’t have anything more to process. The mind knows everything is waiting for later, and is assured about not forgetting anything.
- TAKE BREAKS– Stepping away from the problem for even few minutes can refresh and calm the mind. Taking breaks prevents burnouts. Do something that relaxes you. Go for a walk. Indulge in a hobby. Call a friend. Watch a funny video. Don’t do anything business related. Avoid excessive use of caffeine, nicotine or alcohol. Thus, when you get back to your business, you will have a clearer mind.
- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF– Good health is important to manage stress. Exercise releases chemicals within the body which helps to tackle anxiety and depression. Even a small amount of exercise can reduce one’s stress. Keep hydrated. Eat small meals at regular intervals. Get good amount of sleep (at least 8 hours).When you’re healthy, the body can handle stress better.