The results of the All India Multispeciality Hospitals Survey 2016 by Times of India are out and we are happy to be ranked the no. 1 Hospital for Western India as well as for Mumbai city. Nationally across all hospitals we have been ranked no. 4.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital started in 2009 as a social initiative from the Reliance Group. And since then there was no looking back. We have always strived for the best healthcare facilities for our patients. We are the only hospital in Mumbai to function with a “Full-time Specialist System”. This means around-the-clock our staff is prepared to handle any emergency situations. The 750-bed hospital has over 350 full-time specialists, 1100 Nurses and about 300 paramedics, and our family is growing.
We are thankful to our hardworking team of doctors, nurses and various other support staff who have helped us achieve this milestone. Over the years, we are glad that we have gained patient confidence to entrust their medical decisions with us. We look forward to to continue that legacy. As a hospital our endeavour is to provide quality care in a timely manner and create some happy faces.
Listing below some of the other major departments with their rankings:
- Cardio Sciences : We have been ranked no. 1 in western India. Our team of experts have performed more than 1,500 coronary angioplasties and 2,500 cardiac surgeries till date.The Cardio sciences department provides an all-inclusive programme for the management of heart diseases.
- Emergency and Trauma : Ranked no. 1 in this department we are the only private hospital in Mumbai and in Western India to have a comprehensive Level-1 Accident & Emergency Department (A&E) for patient care, training and research. The Trauma Centre is reputed to respond the fastest in times of accidents, heart attacks, paralytic strokes and such other life-threatening circumstances, thus proffering optimum chances of survival and recovery to the affected.
- NeuroSciences : Ranked no. 2 in west region our department provides cutting-edge care in neurology, neurosurgery and interventional neuroradiology. We have used 21 Penumbra Devices for NeuroIntervention Procedures in Acute Stroke patients—the largest number in India.
- Paediatrics : When it comes to child care specialization we have been ranked no. 2 in West region. We cater to specialised support for children with development problems, infectious diseases, cancer, orthopaedics and genetic disorders. Added benefits are dedicated the Paediatric ICUs (PICU) and Neonatal ICUs (NICU) for critical situations.
- Gastroenterology & Hepatology: Ranked no. 3 in west region, this department brings together the best talent in luminal gastroenterology (oesophagus, stomach and intestines) and hepatology (Liver). The Department has 3 fully equipped Endoscopy suites where high end and complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are performed.
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics : This department ranked no. 4 in west zone offers an extensive range of healthcare services from pregnancy to any other female reproductive healthcare problem.
- About the Rankings : The objective of this research was to arrive at a list of Top Multi-specialty Super Specialty Hospitals. The research had 3 major modules i.e. Desk Research, Factual survey & Perceptual Rating survey followed by scientifically developed analysis & ranking process.
- Analysis and Final Ranking of Hospitals : A robust approach was followed to arrive at the final rankings. The step by step process is given below: Factual Score The information collected corresponding to similar parameters as in the perceptual survey A detailed scoring system has been developed for each parameter After assigning scores to each parameter, raw scores were calculated The raw scores were weighted by their importance to arrive at weighted scores The final entity score were calculated as in the perception survey Perceptual Score Ratings on various parameters for each entities Calculating importance of various parameters to arrive at weights for each parameter we use a regression model to arrive at the importance of various parameters Calculation of raw scores and weighted scores for each parameter Calculation of overall score for each hospitals using importance weightage The final score for a hospital were a weighted average of respective hospitals Perception Score and Factual Score equal weightage given to both
The survey was conducted by i3 Research Consultants (i3RC) a research and consultancy firm.